5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 8:42 AM by philmodjunk

Database Design Report

MikeyG79

Title

Database Design Report

Trying to run a DDR, getting this error - anyone seen it before?

• 1. Re: Database Design Report
          philmodjunk

Haven't seen that one, but perhaps you could supply some more info? I can see that it's a windows error dialog but which version of windows? Which version of FMP advanced? What report options had you selected? and so forth...

• 2. Re: Database Design Report
            MikeyG79

Windows Server 2003 x64

FM Server 10

FM Pro Advanced 10

All reports on 1 file, 1 table in that file 

• 3. Re: Database Design Report
              TSGal

MikeyG79:

Thank you for your posts.

I am using FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced on Windows XP, accessing a file on a Windows Server 2003 running FileMaker Server 10 Advanced, and I am able to access each database file and run a Database Design Report without incident.

To see if this is application specific or database specific, place a test database file on Server, and run a Database Design Report.  Do you get the same error message?  If not, then your original file may be damaged.

If you do get the same error message, then try installing FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced on another computer and running the Database Design Report.  Error message?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down this issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Database Design Report
                MikeyG79

I've run other DDRs on the same server/client machines just fine. This is the one file I really want to run it on that fails.

It does write a partial report, would where it ends be of any indication of the problem? 

• 5. Re: Database Design Report
                  philmodjunk

Have you checked to see if the file itself is OK?

I'd run a recover on the file and then attempt a DDR of the recovered file to see if it eliminates the error. If so, I think you know the drill--toss the file and revert to an undamaged back up.

I'm wondering if the folks at filemaker might want to see a copy of your file, since generating a DDR on a corrupted file shouldn't result in a cryptic dialog of this type.