AnsweredAssumed Answered

Database questions: Customer Contact Management + Product inventory + Online and brick/mortar Sales

Question asked by xpo158 on Apr 11, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2009 by kyzaadrao

Title

Database questions: Customer Contact Management + Product inventory + Online and brick/mortar Sales

Hi!  So I tried to do a couple searches but could not find anything specific.  I'm seriously considering starting a business and I'd like to use filemaker for organization and reporting.  And I do want to point out that I know close to nothing about Database development... but here's a question or two that I have and I hope someone can lead me to the right direction.

I do know that Filemaker will be able to store information, but, I would like to use it for organizing and reporting sales.  I'm aware of how this can be accomplished for brick/mortar locations... but I am having a hard time conceptualizing online sales.  Is there some kind of coding or third party product that can be used to capture internet sales?  (customer contact information and sales).

Basically, what are the e-commerce solutions that can be created/used with filemaker?  Additionally, for something like this will the standard filemaker pro be sufficient, or is there a need for filemaker server?

Thank you very much.  Any direction would be helpful! 

Outcomes