AnsweredAssumed Answered

Database relations

Question asked by FileMakerNovice on Jan 17, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2013 by FileMakerNovice

Title

Database relations

Hello,

I have a database that I'm having difficulty doing what I want to do.

I have 4 files that I imported from Excel.  These are imported into individual tables.  They are all reports for employees:

CustomerSurveys-
     Contains EmployeeID, Date, TotalSurveyReceived, PositiveSurveys, NegativeSurveys
     Basically, throughout the week, the employee will get surveys.  The total amount that day is "TotalSurveysReceived".  Positive and NegativeSurveys are a count of if the surveys were negatively or positively graded.  IE Employee A - 1/2/2013 - 3 - 2- 1.

Calls-
     Contains EmployeeID, Date, TotalCalls (taken).
     This provides a total amount of calls taken that day.  IE Employee A - 1/3/2013 - 5

EmployeeTime-
     Contains EmployeeID, Date, TotalStaffedHours, TimeOnCalls, TimeOnBreak, TimeInMeeting
     This provides a line for each employee per day that they are staffed and how they allocated their time throughout the day.  IE Employee A - 1/3/2013 - 8 - 6.5 - .5 - 1

CallQuality-
     Contains EmployeeID, Date, CallGrade
     This is a quality control report that provides a 1-10 grade for each call listened to.  There could only be one to two grades per week.  Conversely, they could recieve 2 grades in one day.  The dates for the grade may be on days that the employee was not at work.  IE Employee A - 1/1/2013 - 10

I then created a Employee table that has EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName, Email, etc.

I would like to search for an Employee and date range and the result to show: Average Surveys score, Average Calls Taken, TotalOnCalls per Calls Taken, Average Call Quality.  I need help with how to relate the tables and if another table would be necessary.  Also, how I would create a layout that would search.  The fomulas, summaries and calculations, I should be able to figure out on my own, I think.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes