AnsweredAssumed Answered

Database slow to open

Question asked by mk4482 on Mar 29, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2011 by mk4482

Title

Database slow to open

I am using Filemaker 11 Advanced and one of my databases takes about a minute to open - unlike all of the others which open within a few seconds.  All of the databases are on a Filemaker 11 Server.  The database has about 3,000 records and about 65 fields (many are indexed).  I am not running a script when the database opens, it doesn't matter if this is the first database I open or the last, and it doesn't matter if I use a Mac or a PC as it happens on both and for all users.  Once it has opened and I close it but keep Filemaker open, it opens quickly.  But if I close Filemaker and try to open this particular database again, it has the same slow issue.

This database (like all of the others) was converted from FMP 6 and it opens just fine in that version.  I did change the layout from the previous version (like I did with all of the other databases) so can't imagine that would have affected the speed with which it opens.  That is about all I changed.  What would be a cause of a database opening slow?  I am not sure if you need additional information from me, but I would be happy to provide it.

Thanks so much.

Outcomes