3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2015 8:27 AM by philmodjunk

Database stuck on sharing

YannPoirier

Title

Database stuck on sharing

I have a database that used to be hosted on a Filemaker Pro server but was removed and now I keep getting a message that the file was previously hosted, that's all good but that mean I can't send it back to be hosted again, which is what I want to do now.  

I've uninstall the server and Filemaker pro and re-installed them, tried to change the file name, remove all sharing option that I can think of in the database and I still get the same error message.

Is the a place to make sure all the option of sharing are remove and all mention of other client accessing the file are turned off?

Screen_Shot_2015-01-12_at_9.48.37_AM.png

• 1. Re: Database stuck on sharing
          philmodjunk

The server isn't allowing you to host two files with the same file name. You need to remove the hosted copy from the server before uploading the new copy.

• 2. Re: Database stuck on sharing
            YannPoirier

Actually there's no version of the database being hosted at the moment, it's as if there's something that has keep the memory of the file being hosted locally.  

When I try to upload the file to the server I get the following error message : The file Project_Management_System.fmp12 could not be opened (Not Found)

Funny thing is, I see it in the Activity window on the server interface, I can access it by Filemaker Webdirect, but if I try to access it by the Filemaker Clients, I don' see it at all in the available files... If I try to go in the Filemaker server folder and open it directly from there I get the following message : 

• 3. Re: Database stuck on sharing
              philmodjunk

Funny thing is, I see it in the Activity window on the server interface, I can access it by Filemaker Webdirect,

Then it IS being hosted or this would not be possible.

if I try to access it by the Filemaker Clients, I don' see it at all in the available files...

Files can be hosted and if you select the option to hide them, they won't be visible in the Open Remote dialog that you open from the client to select a file to open as the client. If this is the case, you can click to select a server and then type in the file name after the IP address that appears in a field in the bottom of the open remote dialog and you can then open the hidden file.

If you use external authentication, I believe that there is also a way to omit files from this list if your current (acitve directory or mac equivalent) account permissions do not permit access to the file.

You need to open the Server Admin Console. Find this File. Close it. Remove it.

Then you should be able to upload your new copy of the file.