1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2009 3:11 PM by jonnyt

Database Sync between MySql and Filemaker

felctutors

Title

Database Sync between MySql and Filemaker

Here is what I am trying to accomplish.  We are hosting a website where users will log in and input data and click a submit button.  That information will be stored in a MySql database hosted by a third party hosting company.  I would like that data to synchronize real time with our Filemaker Datbase located at our office.  I would also like any changes made to our local Filemaker Database to synchronize with the MySql database in real time.

I have the ODBC connection and have made a successful connection to the MySql database.  We have setup all the Relationships correctly as well, but the synchronization is not taking place.  Is there anything I am missing here?  

We are using Filemaker Server 10 and Filemaker Pro 10 with all the latest updates. Filemaker Server 10 is residing on a Windows Server 2003 R2 machine and Filemaker Pro 10 is on a Windows XP SP3 machine. 

Thank you 

• 1. Re: Database Sync between MySql and Filemaker
          jonnyt

check that on your mysql table you have permissions for that user to create, modify, delete etc

use te same user that has the above priveleges in the DSN you have created.

Create an extrnal datasource in Filemaker and use the DSN you created with the user account with the pirvaleges set out above.

Filemaker will not sync with the mysql table, but it will allow you to view the data in the mysql table and change it.