1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2010 4:46 PM by philmodjunk

Date and time buttons in IWP

KellieW

Title

Date and time buttons in IWP

I'm a very new FileMaker Pro user.  I've designed a super simple data base to time track tasks in the office.  On the desk top version everything works.  I've got buttons to insert the date, start time, end time and one to calculate the elapsed time.  I added one open a new record.  

When I web publish the new record button works perfectly.  The insert date and start time seem to only fill in once I've hit the button after each one.  I cannot get the end time to insert at all.  The total time pops in as soon as I enter a start time.  It calculates time from zero hour to the start time (start time of 4:15 PM leads to total time of -16:15).

I added the new record button to see if I was having some general inability to put any functioning buttons into the page.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Date and time buttons in IWP
          philmodjunk

The total time pops in as soon as I enter a start time.  It calculates time from zero hour to the start time (start time of 4:15 PM leads to total time of -16:15

That sounds like expected behavior. If this is a calculation field, entering a start time with no end time will result in a negative elapsed time as an empty field will evaluate as though you had a zero in the field.

I cannot get the end time to insert at all.

How are you setting up your button and the end time field to do this?

You mentioned IWP. Does this work correctly in FileMaker, but not in when you use a Browser to access the database or does it fail in both cases?