AnsweredAssumed Answered

Date calculations in filemaker

Question asked by simonbucknall on Aug 14, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Date calculations in filemaker

Hi,

Apologies for the question but i am new to file maker and not familiar with databases in general so my question is probably fail simple/obvious. 

I have a database with a table containing customers bicycles details. This is linked to a table with bike service details using a unique bike code. The service details table has the date the service took place and and the bicycle details table has the service interval for the bike. I am trying to write a script that will generate an excel spreadsheet that i can use with MailChimp to email out service reminders for customers whose bikes are due a service.

The service interval in the bicycle details table is just an number e.g. 5 so was going to add 5*30 to the service date and see if it was less than the current date if so reminder is due. or set another 'service due' field with a 0 or 1. I thought the date would be simpler as the script could just perform a find on the table.

My initial thought was to somehow get the last service date in to a field in the Bicycle details table and then do the calculation from there but i don't know how to do that as a bike has several services and only need the date for the last one. 

As you can see i am somewhat confused as to the best solution to this so all help/thoughts are very welcome.

Many thanks

Simon

Outcomes