6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2012 7:44 PM by ChristopherTan

Date displayed in Month day year instead of Day; month; year

ChristopherTan

Title

Date displayed in Month day year instead of Day; month; year

In one of my FM databases I have my text field (the name of that field is "Summary") that has the date entered automatically using a calculation. The date is entered earlier manually into the "Date" field. The calculation is Summary = Date.

The date is entered manually using day,month,year. However it keeps displaying in the Summary field as month, day, year. I created this database in 2004 and have suffered with this unwanted date display format in the Summary field. I thought I'd post this question to see if anybody can fix. 

I spent a lot of time trouble shooting trying to fix this, but finally conclude that FM insists on displaying the date in the Summary field (type - text) because when I created the "New Database" my Mac OS system preferences was set as Month,Day, Year. 

Does anybody have any suggestions to get this text field to display Day, month, year? Even though the Mac OS is currently set to D,M,Y. it does not display in the Summary text field that way.

Thanks