3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 11:42 AM by IanHohmann

Date finding help

IanHohmann

Title

Date finding help

Hello, I am fairly new to Filemaker and I have a question. I am trying to create fields that will automaticaly enter dates like the second Friday of a given month and year. If you have any ideas on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help

• 1. Re: Date finding help
          LaRetta_1

We need to understand the purpose and context.  Do you enter a date and then want it to display the second Friday of that date's month and year?

Please provide more details from which we can build the calculation or response. :^)

• 2. Re: Date finding help
            LaRetta_1

Well, here is a generic answer.  I put your 'date' field within the calculation so just change it from blue Date to either your field name or Get ( CurrentDate ).

Let ( [
            d = date ;
            first = Date ( Month ( d ) ; 1 ; Year ( d ) )
            ] ;
            first + Mod ( 6 - DayOfWeek ( first ) ; 7 ) + 7
            )

• 3. Re: Date finding help
              IanHohmann

Thanks so much for the reply. A bit of context here is that it is a database to store information such as due dates and completion dates for items.    

One of the due dates happens to land on Friday of every week. I need a way to generate a field that contains the date for each Friday of that month. I have done this for other dates that land on things such as the tenth of every month by using the following calculation.

Date (Month ( Board Meeting Date ) ; 10 ; Year ( Board Meeting Date ) )

Obviously the field Board meeting Date contains a date that specifies the current month and year.