1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2013 6:06 AM by philmodjunk

Date formatting in calculation fields containing different data types

EricOlson

Title

Date formatting in calculation fields containing different data types

Hello!

I would like to add some fields to a form that calculate boilerplate text for my correspondence with guests. For example, on a layout I would like the text:

"We have you booked for one room for the the 3 nights of Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013 to Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013, checking out on Friday, December 13, 2013". The number of nights and the dates are from fields. I need the dates to be in this long format.

I tried merge field, which I could make look exactly like I wanted, but the text wasn't copyable. (You can apply date, currency, number formats to a single block of text.)

So I made a calculation field in my table which does the same thing (and I can copy the text), however I can only get the dates to show in the 12/2/2013 format. The formatting inspector does not allow me to select the field and apply date formats. How can I format these dates in my preferred long format?

OR, what is a better way to generate these small blocks of texts and copy them for other applications?

Thanks!