2 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 2:26 PM by disabled_JustinClose

Date from 'Send Email' from FMS13 server doesn't adjust for daylight savings?

Title

Date from 'Send Email' from FMS13 server doesn't adjust for daylight savings?

I have a new server that I am setting up and have noticed that when an email is sent from this server that the time stamp that is on the email is off by an hour.  So say that I send the email at 9:15AM, when it gets to my inbox the envelop information on the email says was sent at 10:15AM.

The clock on the server is correct.  The clock on my computer is correct.  This installation is on Windows 2012 r2.

I have tried multiple different SMTP servers and they both have the same problem, so it doesn't appear to be something in the chain but in how the email itself is crafted.  This problem also shows up from two places on the server (although I imagine they use the same engine):  if you do a 'Test SMTP settings' from the Admin Console, or if you do a 'Send Email' script step and define the SMTP settings directly, and then run that script on the server (e.g. on a server schedule, as a PSOS call, or via a CWP script execution).

Looking at the email source/headers shows the difference right away.  There is a line labeled 'Date:...' that has the wrong offset, e.g. "Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 09:15:39 -0800", while all the other headers for the SMTP trail show the proper offset:  "Received: (from apache@localhost) ... Fri, 8 May 2015 09:15:39 -0700".

Is this a bug in FileMaker Server?  Does anyone else notice this?

Thanks,

Justin