2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2012 3:09 AM by Sorbsbuster

Date perimeters

RobinNeeves_2

Title

Date perimeters

Hello I need help please, I have a date field that I want to show this date on a report if it falls between two other date fields, if the date dos not fall in between the two dates then the space on report would be empty. I cant get my head round the calculation proses so witch formula would I need to use. Than you

• 1. Re: Date perimeters
          Sorbsbuster

Case (

MyDate >= DateStart and MyDate <= EndDate ; MyDate ;

""

)

Or with no extra calculation field you could use a conditional format to show it as white text if

MyDate >= DateStart and MyDate <= EndDate

• 2. Re: Date perimeters
            Sorbsbuster

You replied:

I entered the following but it would not work the fields that I used are all date fields.

Case ( SiteProduct::ReChargeCalculation > = NextInspectionDueDate and SiteProduct::ReChargeCalculation < = __CalcInspectionPlusOneYear ;  SiteProduct::ReChargeCalculation;"")

SiteProduct::ReChargeCalculation = Date I need entered on report
            NextInspectionDueDate = Start date
            __CalcInspectionPlusOneYear = End date

---------------
            Would you mind creating a custom dialogue, and as the calculation for the body of it, use this:
            "ReChargeCalculation: " & SiteProduct::ReChargeCalculation & "¶"
            &
            "Next inspection due date: " & NextInspectionDueDate & "¶"
            &
            "Start date (inspection): " & NextInspectionDueDate & "¶"
            &
            "End date (inspection): " & __CalcInspectionPlusOneYear

This will help debug what the values are in the parameters that it is using.  If you want us to look at it you could post a screen shot of how the dialogue looks.

Does the same Start Date and End Date apply to every record? - in other words should these be global fields, or are they different start and end dates for every record?