AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dates do not import from Excel

Question asked by FilmUser on Jun 17, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Dates do not import from Excel

Windows 7 Enterprise, FM 13 Advanced

The data base is of products, each of which has a unique and identifying code number.

I receive emails regularly, into which someone has entered a long list of code numbers. The purpose of the email is to let me know that today's date needs to be entered into a date field in each record. The email creator has entered the codes with a return between each code, and nothing else, so the vertical list pastes nicely into excel.

I have an excel (.xlsx) on my desktop that I use to create an import source, from the emails, with the first row having field names created by pasting them from field definitions in the data base. The two fields (columns in the excel sheet) are the code and the date field I need to enter. By "finding all" records in the data base and running the import (update matching. . ), it executes the find and enters the date.

I have been using this successfully with FM12 for months. When using it for the first time in FM13, the import works as far as finding the correct records (match field works) but does not enter the date. After some experimenting (including making a FM13 file of the excel sheet), I find that dates are what doesn’t enter. Text fields will enter with the import.

The target fields are of type Date, are auto enter at creation to empty themselves, if that matters, and are formatted the same as the excel cells.

Is something different in FM13 that would affect this?

Outcomes