4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2012 8:43 AM by ahutler

Datestamp conditional field

ahutler

Title

Datestamp conditional field

I would like to have the following happen: once the text field 'Location' is modified I would like it to automatically adjust the 'Time/Date stamp Field' to reflect when 'Location' was modified. If there have been no modifications to Location, i want the Time/Date Field to be blank, but ofcourse if it is modified in the futre this would change.

thanks

• 1. Re: Datestamp conditional field
          philmodjunk

There's an auto-enter field option you can set on that field that auto-enters the current date and time each time the record is modified. This will update the field if any field in the record is modified, however, so I suspect that this option won't work for you.

If by "Modified", you mean if someone edits the field to enter/select a different location, you can use the OnObjectSave trigger to perform this script:

Set Field [YourTable::YourTimeStampField ; Get ( CurrentTimeStamp ) ]

• 2. Re: Datestamp conditional field
            ahutler

This seems to work but i have noticed that the Date-Time stamp will change even when i tab through other fields or run a query and haven't edited the specific Location field????

• 3. Re: Datestamp conditional field
              philmodjunk

I described two methods for doing this. Which did you use?

Neither should modify the value in the field just by tabbing through fields or performing a find.

• 4. Re: Datestamp conditional field
                ahutler

I did this one:

If by "Modified", you mean if someone edits the field to enter/select a different location, you can use the OnObjectSave trigger to perform this script:

Set Field [YourTable::YourTimeStampField ; Get ( CurrentTimeStamp ) ]