3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2013 11:54 AM by bkolb

db not showing up in Open Remote

MatthewSpaw

Title

db not showing up in Open Remote

I am trying to find out why a database is not showing up when I click on the Hosts IP and then my databases are shown on the right of the Open Remote screen.  All of my other databases on the FM Server are showing up, only one is not.  It does show up on the Web published link.  I can manually type in the db name after the Network File Path IP and it opens fine.  Why wouldn't it be showing up if it's accessible and can be viewed from the web?

• 1. Re: db not showing up in Open Remote
          philmodjunk

1.           Pull the file down off the server and open it with FileMaker Pro.
          3.           Select Sharing | FileMaker Network... from the File menu.
          5.           Click the file's name in the Open Files box, then select the "All Users" radio button.
          7.           Clear the "don't display in open remote dialog" check box.
          9.           Return the file to your server.
          • 2. Re: db not showing up in Open Remote
            MatthewSpaw
            Thanks! PhilModJunk for President 2016!
            • 3. Re: db not showing up in Open Remote
              bkolb

This didn't work for me.  I moved (copied) several fp7 files from one server to another and on the "new" server, the files don't show up in the list when I try to OPEN REMOTE them.  I can type in the name of them and then I can open them, but I don't remember them all so would like them to show up. 

Your first step says to pull the file down off the server.  I just stopped the server and then opened a couple of them with Filemaker Pro Advanced.  The few I tried all seemed to have "All Users" selected already as well as having the "don't display in open remote dialog" unchecked.  Would the fact that I didn't pull a copy off the server before opening it in Filemaker Pro Advanced make a difference?