- Pull the file down off the server and open it with FileMaker Pro.
- Select Sharing | FileMaker Network... from the File menu.
- Click the file's name in the Open Files box, then select the "All Users" radio button.
- Clear the "don't display in open remote dialog" check box.
- Return the file to your server.
Thanks! PhilModJunk for President 2016!
This didn't work for me. I moved (copied) several fp7 files from one server to another and on the "new" server, the files don't show up in the list when I try to OPEN REMOTE them. I can type in the name of them and then I can open them, but I don't remember them all so would like them to show up.
Your first step says to pull the file down off the server. I just stopped the server and then opened a couple of them with Filemaker Pro Advanced. The few I tried all seemed to have "All Users" selected already as well as having the "don't display in open remote dialog" unchecked. Would the fact that I didn't pull a copy off the server before opening it in Filemaker Pro Advanced make a difference?