1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2014 4:23 PM by philmodjunk

DDR Report

SteveMartino

Title

DDR Report

Hello Forum, and as always Phil.  I am in the process of cleaning up my Database. Particularly a lot of modified scripts I didn't delete along the way, or move to another file. 

First thing I did was import all the scripts to another file.  Of course made back-ups.

I was wondering if the DDR is 100% accurate when it shows a blank next to the lines:

"Layouts that use this script" and "Scripts that use this script"

The reason I ask is Script Triggers like OnFirstWindowOpen show the lines as blanks (and they should be), but obviously those scripts are used.  Are there any other potential pitfalls anyone could advise me on to look out for, before I delete the scripts?

I recall Phil posted something (I couldn't find it) about changing something, then going to a new DDR and comparing.....cant remember exactly..

Thanks

Steve

• 1. Re: DDR Report
          philmodjunk

Some older versions of FileMaker did not reliably list correct results in this part of the DDR. I haven't recently noticed a discrepancy here, but have developed the habit of not trusting that part of the report. What I do, just to be sure, is to a text search for the name of the script. If the script name is not unique or very generic, I might temporarily rename the script to be very unique before generating the DDR and searching for the script by name.

If the only place that I find in the DDR that has this script name is in the actual listing of that script, then I conclude that it is not used in any other part of the file.

But keep in mind that scripts in a different file can use perform script to perform scripts in your file and there is no way for a DDR of your current file to list those references from other files.