3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2010 11:03 AM by comment_1

Deactivate a field for specific users

Metalov

Title

Deactivate a field for specific users

Hallo everybodey,

I have recently started using Filemaker and I'm stuck with a small Problem:

Is there any possibility to deactivate a specific field for some Database users and not all? Is it an option which could be set or should be scripted somehow?

Would be very grateful for any help :smileywink:

• 1. Re: Deactivate a field for specific users
          LaRetta_1

A few questions:  What version of FM are you using?  By deactivate, do you mean all users can see the data in the field but just not modify it? 

Usually field protection should be handled by accounts and privileges.  This is only guaranteed protection.  But you can also use script attached to field (or script trigger) for easier methods (which protect only for specific instance of the field on a specific layout).  But we need to know your version and what kind of protections are required. :smileyhappy:

• 2. Re: Deactivate a field for specific users
            Metalov

Hallo,

To the first question : I am using FileMaker 10 Pro!

Secondly: Exactly what you emntioned is that what i need: some users to see the field but without the possibility to modify its contents ! except the Admin for sure :smileywink:

Thanks in advance

• 3. Re: Deactivate a field for specific users
              comment_1

Do you have a Privilege Set defined for your users? If so, follow this path:

File > Manage > Security… > Privilege Sets > Edit… > Records: Custom privileges… > Field Access [lLimited…] > view only