3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2013 9:30 AM by philmodjunk

Deactivating a popup

deathrobot

Title

Deactivating a popup

I have a popup menu with a fill color and some extra right padding. In that right padding area, I've overlaid a graphic of a downward pointing arrow. When I first clicked on the popup and changed the selection, I could no longer see the arrow since the popup was now the active field and was in front of the arrow. I solved this with a script trigger (onObjectModify: Commit Record). However, if I click on the popup to see my choices, but don't change anything, when I let go the popup is still active and so hides the arrow. I've tried putting the Commit Record step on all the script trigger options, but none works. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

• 1. Re: Deactivating a popup
          philmodjunk

What version of FileMaker are you using?

Pop up menus in FileMaker 12 automatically show an arrow on any but the "classic" layout themes. In FileMaker 11, you might use a drop down list instead of a pop up menu and then select the arrow option for it.

• 2. Re: Deactivating a popup
            deathrobot

Thanks, Phil. I do have 12, but was using the classic theme. Ir was easy enough to grab a theme for just the dropdown and get the arrow. I think it' s strange, though,  that with all that CSS control over objects, you still have to do all sorts of workarounds like that to get it to look right (I even had to narrow the field by a couple of pixels because FM only has the arrow top-aligned, not middle-aligned...)

• 3. Re: Deactivating a popup
              philmodjunk

Themes are new with FileMaker 12. It would not surprise me if the next version introduced additional functionality when it comes to working with them.