3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2009 8:56 AM by TSGal

Deactivating req'd for volume licensing?

Preet

Title

Deactivating req'd for volume licensing?

Hi,

Is deactivating previous versions of FileMaker Pro (9 in specific) required for volume licensing (or anything in that vein)? I'm guessing no, but just thought I'd check.

Regards,

-Preet

• 1. Re: Deactivating req'd for volume licensing?
          TSGal

Preet:

Thank you for your post.

Are you talking about FileMaker Pro 10 volume licensing?  If you have FileMaker 9 volume licensing, you would need to see your administrator or sales representative.  Each volume licensing is handled differently.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Deactivating req'd for volume licensing?
            Preet

I received an email for obtaining FileMaker Pro 10 as a result of being under a maintainance contract from FileMaker Pro 9 purchases. The FileMaker Pro 9 installs don't have any option to 'deactivate' them so I'm assuming they were Volume license purchases.

What I wanted to know was the correct procedure for upgrading previous installations of FileMaker 9 Pro to FileMaker 10 Pro *and* for moving FileMaker Pro 10 from one computer to another computer.

• 3. Re: Deactivating req'd for volume licensing?
              TSGal

Preet:

If you are under a maintenance contract, then contact the person who handles the contract.  They can then contact their FileMaker rep and get FileMaker Pro 10.  Each installation is different based on contract, so I don't want to give you five different scenarios where none of them may be true.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.