AnsweredAssumed Answered

debugging script in filemaker pro

Question asked by Emily62 on Sep 7, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 8, 2010 by Emily62

Title

debugging script in filemaker pro

I am helping a friend (who runs a small preschool) migrate from filemaker 3 to filemaker 11.  Almost everything works at this point, except for one script (which I did not create).  Since she only has filemaker pro (not advanced) I can't use the debugger. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks, in advance,

Emily

The specific problem is this:

The file contains three variables:  "name", "day number" and "total days".  Day number has 31 repetations (for each day in the month).  My friend enters a "1" in each day that a person is present and then the file computes the total days/month that each person attends.

At the end of the month, a script ("clear") is supposed to initialize the file so that each field in "day number" contains a "-" for the start of the next month.  At this point, the script only initializes the "name" holding the cursor, not the complete file. 

The script is: (I'm typing this in, by hand, because I can't figure out how to cut/paste from the script, so please excuse typos)

Show All Records

Enter Browse Mode []

Go to Field [Attendance::Day Number]

Clear [Select]

Go to Field []

Replace Field Contents [Current Contents]

Go to Field [Attendance::Day Number[2]]

Clear [Select]

Go to Field []

Replace Field Contents [Current Contents]

(The script repeats this for Day Number [3] through [31].  For days [4] and later, "No dialog;" appears before "Current Contents")

The script ends with

Go to Field [Attendance::Day Number]

Outcomes