2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2014 11:34 PM by ZiteMedia

Deduce 100 days from a given date

ZiteMedia

Title

Deduce 100 days from a given date

Hi,

I have just one table and "givendate" is one of the fields and is of the "Date" type. I need to calculate another date which is 100 days before that givendate.

I've searched the forum and based on some answers i found on similar questions i came up with this formula:

Let ( D = Get ( givendate ) ; Date ( Day ( D ) - 100 ; Month ( D ) ; Year ( D ) ) )

When i try this i get an error message highlighting givendate and saying:

"This paramter is an invalid Get function parameter"

What's wrong?

Much appreciated

• 1. Re: Deduce 100 days from a given date
          philmodjunk

Get function has specific parameters you can use. They are listed in FileMaker help and "givendate" isn't one of them.

Your calculation could be corrected by doing this:

Let ( D = givendate ; Date ( Day ( D ) - 100 ; Month ( D ) ; Year ( D ) ) )

But you can do this much simpler by simply using this expression:

givendate - 100

Note: in both of these examples, I am assuming that you are defining either a a calculation field with Date selected as the result type or a date field with an auto-enter calculation and that this new field is defined in the same table as your field named "givendate".

• 2. Re: Deduce 100 days from a given date
            ZiteMedia

Thanks a lot, that fixed it for me!