2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2014 4:52 PM by Beastking

Default  text colour

Beastking

Title

Default  text colour

Hi,

I wanted to know how to change the default text colour on a given layout.

All the data in my database is all imported so if I make any changes after importing I want it to stand out from the imported data's standard colour. 

Yes I can change the text colour upon editing a feild but it defaults back after editing any field. So changing this everytime is so slow.

So whether there is a script I could run or someway you can change the default (without changing every exisiting record). It would also be neat if you could apply it so if the field contents gets changed that fields name would also change for that given field as well.

• 1. Re: Default  text colour
          philmodjunk

Immediately after importing, the newly imported records form your current found set.

Replace Field contents can modify data in a field for every record in your found set.

If you use the calculation option with the TextColor and RGB functions, you can apply a text color to the text in the field for every record in your found set.

Replace field contents and these functions can be looked up in FileMaker Help if they are unfamiliar. It's a good idea to first save a backup copy of your file when experimenting with Replace Field Contents as this can change the data in large numbers of records all in one go.

• 2. Re: Default  text colour
            Beastking

I do not want to replace the text colour for a field for every record.

I want to change to exisiting default text format colour for any changes I make after data is imported. Everytime I make a change I have to change the text colour as it always reverts back to the default. It would save time to not have to make this change each time.