I am still waiting for a response to my query regarding keyboard regional settings for the UK.
Could someone help me with this?
Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.
I'm using Windows XP SP3, and after changing my settings, I am able to press shift-3 to display the pound sign. This is what I did:
1. Under Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options, I selected the "Regional Options" tab and changed from "English [United States]" to "English [United Kingdom]".
2. I then clicked the "Customize..." button, selected the Currency tab and verified the Currency sybol was set for pound. I clicked OK to return to Regional Options.
3. At the bottom, I could have changed the Location to United Kingdom, but I left it at United States. In the lower right corner, I clicked "Apply".
4. I then selected the Languages tab and pressed the "Details..." button.
5. Under the Default input language, I selected "English [United Kingdom] - United Kingdom Extended"
6. When I clicked "Apply", the computer needed to reboot.
Once the computer rebooted and I logged in, I launched FileMaker Pro, opened a database file, went into Browse Mode, entered information into a field and discovered shift-3 is the Currency pound key.
Please have your client follow the same steps above.