1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 2:06 PM by philmodjunk

Default printer changes after choosing other printing device

IonMorozan

Title

Default printer changes after choosing other printing device

Hi,

I have been administrating FM Pro in my organization for a while and some of the employees are complaining in the following scenario:

1. Print a FM ticket via a Ticketing Printer (this is the default printer set in Windows)
      2. Print a FM ticket to a PDF file ( the default is set to the Ticketing Printer, but now we change to PDF)
      3. Print again a FM ticket via the default Ticketing printer (_but_ now in the printer options the default printer is not the Ticketing Printer anymore , but PDF).

Any idea on how to fix this? How to make sure that every time when I am trying to print it prints to the default printer set in Windows and not the one that I have recently used?

Thank you,
      --Ion Morozan

• 1. Re: Default printer changes after choosing other printing device
          philmodjunk

Are they using a script to print or selecting these options from the File menu?

What version of FileMaker?

Some versions are better at this than others, but a script with a print setup script can be set up to specify the ticketing printer and the desired options so that you get the same options every time.

And you should set them up with a script that uses Save As PDF instead of Print for generating the PDF file as a way to keep this action away from the print dialogs.

If all else fails, there's the MyFMButler plug in that adds the ability for a script to take much more detailed control of the scripting process.