1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2009 2:37 PM by TSGal

Delayed Write Failure

jake195

Title

Delayed Write Failure

Hey everybody,

I'm using Filemaker Pro 10.0v3 for Windows XP Professional with service pack 3.  I've been having a problem lately, where I get an error message after closing filemaker and trying to save a change in a layout or input any data:

"Delayed Write Failed : Windows was unable to save all the data for the file  ****/**** The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere."

I am using the same database file within a network of 3 computers so its saved on the server and each computer has filemaker pro installed. This error message started appearing almost everytime i tried to make a change for a while and then a collegue adjusted the "link speed and duplex" settings on the network adapters for the file server and my computer. For a while everything was okay but now the error has appeared again!  None of the other computers get the error message when they access the file or try to save any changes.

Can anybody help me out?

• 1. Re: Delayed Write Failure
          TSGal

jake195:

Thank you for your post.

Try physically switching your machine with one of the other computers that is working.  Do you still encounter the problem?  Or, has the problem now shifted to the other computer?  If the latter, then your network connection to your old location is having some problems.  If the problem continues with your computer, then you will need to do some sleuthing to determine the difference between your computer and the working computers.

In the mean time, have your "colleague" adjust the link speed and duplex settings again. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.