6 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2010 8:01 AM by pecina08

Delete a field from a related table with multiple record and display information from another record

pecina08

Title

Delete a field from a related table with multiple record and display information from another record

I maybe giving a bad suject to this matter.  But what I am working with right now is two databases (Billing Batches) and (Billing Packets) they are related via the Batch Number sorted by (Billing Packets::Packet ID).  One Batch can have multiple Billing Packets.  What I am trying to is a function where I reject a Billing but does not delete that record but clears some fields on that record (i.e. Date Submitted).   The function works but the issue is that if it is the first Billing Packet with the first Packet ID the Billing Batch View with "BillingPackets::Date Submitted" will be blank.  As it should be because the way we have our relationship, What I was thinking is setting up a second relationship that is sorted "Decending" on the Packet ID and having that field in the background so incase we do reject the first packet id in the billing batch it will still display the date submitted via the second relationship.  Want to know if there is a better way of doing this!  Thanks for the help in advanced.