2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 7:19 AM by philmodjunk

Deleted records in one copy of the database delated recrds in the original--help!

CoraWoolsey

Title

Deleted records in one copy of the database delated recrds in the original--help!

I recently tried to make a new copy of my database that I could enter a new set of records independent of the original set. After making the copy, I deleted all the records and began entering new records. Returning to the original copy, I discovered that all the records had been deleted there, too. Luckily, I have a backup that I imported the old records from, but the problem persists that I can't do delete or add records to one without them also being added to the other. Is this a newer feature I was not aware of? Or is there something in how my tables are being directed? I also tried saving a clone copy with the same effect. One thing I suspect is that both databases are being directed to the same tables, because my database has gone through a lot of changes, and somewhere along the way I seem to have lost the original table, and upon opening, the database says the original table is missing and asks me to redirect it to where the table is.

Can anyone suggest how I can make an independent copy? Thanks in advance.