AnsweredAssumed Answered

Deleted tables showing in "show records from" when editing layouts + Default Font color issue

Question asked by unitedbiologicsmattg on Dec 14, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Deleted tables showing in "show records from" when editing layouts + Default Font color issue

Hello,

I am using FMP11 on OSX 10.6.8; I am very new to FMP (have been using it for about a week with no training or experience), and have been doing a lot of trial and error to figure stuff out. Today I finally figured out how to make and use new tables and configure layouts to them. Although I've had 3 or 4 "test" tables that I have since deleted due to my first issue:

1. Whenever I try to make a new layout to display my table and then go into "table view" (the one that looks like an excel spreadsheet) the font color in each field is white, and I can't seem to find how to change it universally; it seems to only let me change it by clicking each field individually, but when I make a new column or row, they all have font color white (on a white background). 

So, because of this I have been deleting tables and recreating them along with deleting layouts and trying new ones with a different "layout type" to try and figure out what it is that is causing this white on white problems. Which leads me into my second problem:

2. I will make a "test" table, and then delete it when it doesn't work,(which I have done multiple times)so that it is no longer showing in manage database>tables, but when I go to "manage layouts" and try to edit a layout or make a new layout, when I click "show records from", it displays the option to show records from any table I've created, regardles of if it still exists or not. 

Here you can see that the file has 2 tables: Inventory and Category Table

Yet Here you can see that all the deleted tables "Category List", "Inventory 2" and "Category Table Copy" are listed.

Any ideas? 

thanks in advance,

Matt

Outcomes