4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2012 8:35 PM by WofDiscovery

deleting "taxable" from invoices??

WofDiscovery

Title

deleting "taxable" from invoices??

Does anyone know how to delete the "taxable" from showing up on invoices??  I run a nonprofit organization, so my invoices shouldn't say taxable on them, because everything is tax-deductible...but I have deleted the tax rate and tax amount from the layout, deleted them under managing the database and under managing the value lists.  It STILL shows up and I have NO IDEA where it's coming from because it's not on the invoices that I'm working with, but when you go to print the preview for print shows the title "taxable" with a little x-ed out box below it.  I like using the formatted invoice, because then I only needed to change a few things I REALLY don't want to have to start from scratch for a new invoice just to stop this one word from showing up.  Can someone PLEASE help me?

Screen_shot_2012-10-08_at_5.52.00_PM.png

• 1. Re: deleting "taxable" from invoices??
          schamblee

Go to the invoice layout then click Edit Layout, then right click the x box and select cut. Repeat on the Taxable label. Right Click then Cut.

• 2. Re: deleting "taxable" from invoices??
            WofDiscovery

Thanks for responding, but my problem is that I already did all of that...I have deleted/cut ALL of the tax related items I could find...from the database, from the value lists, and from the layout itself....when I am actually in the invoice working on it, and even when in the edit layout area that "taxable" doesn't exist, does not show up ANYWHERE on the page...but when I actually hit print page/print invoice, the printed copy and preview print copy shows that "taxable" with the box below it -- I have NO IDEA where it's coming from or how to get rid of it, because I have already deleted it from every place I could find it.  And, I don't understand why it would print something that doesn't show up at all. :(  My guess is that it shows up becase it was on the default layout that I started with, that is their original template, but how come I can get rid of other things and they stay gone, but I get rid of that and it remains there?  There has to be some sort of relationship or something that they put in there to make it show up automatically and that would be what I need to delete, but I'm guessing, so I don't know how or where that would be.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I attached my Edit Layout view so that you can see that it doesn't show up there at all, only on the print page like I showed above.

• 3. Re: deleting "taxable" from invoices??
              schamblee

You need to go to the "Print/Send Invoices" Layout and remove the items from that layout.   Under the file menu click Manage, then click Layouts, and then scroll all the way down to the Print/Sent Invoice Layout.

• 4. Re: deleting "taxable" from invoices??
                WofDiscovery

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! ...I tried for so long before finally posting on here.  I knew it was probably something simple that I was just missing, I can't thank you enough! :)