4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2012 9:13 AM by philmodjunk

Deleting Duplicate from portal records

jb_1

Title

Deleting Duplicate from portal records

Hi ;many Thks for you for your help to me.
           I have a portal that contin field to be modifate..I waloud a solution or a script that deny repeinting records in the same portal!! I have a field that contain ID , and I wloud have A script which test this ID if it exist or not; i this Id exist in the portal , I like a script that don't allow user to create this record.Thks

• 1. Re: Deleting Duplicate from portal records
          philmodjunk

Use Field options for this field to specify a unique values validation on the id field and then no script is needed to do this.

If the ID is only permitted once for any given record in the layout, you can use an auto-enter calculation on a new field that combines the Foreign Key used in the portal's relationship with the ID field that can only use a value once and then you can set up a unique values validation rule on that field.

There are also methods that prevent the user from selecting a value a second time in the first place.

See this demo file. It show three different ways to keep from putting the same value twice in the same portal: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oyir7cs0yxmbn6i/ManyToManywDemoWExtras.fp7

If you are using FileMaker 12, you can use the File menu to open this file and produce a converted copy that you can examine.

• 2. Re: Deleting Duplicate from portal records
            jb_1

Hi;

I Thank you very muxch for your help:)

It works perfectly.

And now , I passed to an other problem, I have a field A and Fiel B , in the same layout, Field A show record from tableA and field B show record frolm tableB. Some times , Field A cab bot show records when I add a new record, I wont to create a script that alllow me to replace recordof field A , where is empty , with records of field B.Thanks

• 3. Re: Deleting Duplicate from portal records
              jb_1

Im using FM pro advanced 11

• 4. Re: Deleting Duplicate from portal records
                philmodjunk

I can't make sense of what you describe. Also, using letters in place of the table names just makes it harder to track the key details.

What Relationship do you have between Table A and Table B? Do you have a Table A?

A record is made up of fields a field is not made up of records so "alllow me to replace recordof field A , where is empty , with records of field B" isn't possible. (It would be like replacing a car's door with a group of cars...)