Tables are something defined in Manage | Database | Tables.
What "auto-sizing" are you referring to?
The only option available for using the amount of data entered in a field to resize the field is to use the "sliding and visibility" section of the Inspector's position tab to set a field to "slide up"; "resize enclosing part". This will shrink a field and if you set all other objects below it to slide up and resize it will also remove the resulting empty space. This often requires setting up on layout for data entry where you equip the fields with scroll bars and a second layout where you size the fields very large and set them to slide.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Container fields will slide only if Top, Left alignment is specified for it in the data formatting section of the Inspector's data tab.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
Thank you very much for your response! I'm having to transition from Excel, which is proving difficult. We're still having issues deleting extra space within fields, but will continue trying. Please let me know if you can think of other ways to resolve this. Thanks!
I'd need to know more than what you have described here in order to make any further suggestions.