AnsweredAssumed Answered

Design layout for users with different screen sizes

Question asked by mmccarty on Apr 22, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 22, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Design layout for users with different screen sizes

Hello,

I need to change some of my layouts to accommodate users who have different monitor display sizes.  I read the two pages in FTS but didn't find them helpful.  I anchored a rectangle to the left and right but it doesn't stretch across the screen.  What am I doing wrong?

I could be interpreting this wrong but FTS made it sound like anchoring won't help if another user's display is configured differently (aka they use different px by px dimensions).  Anchoring only helps when you min and max the window.  It suggested using Get(ScreenHeight) and Get(ScreenWidth) but didn't explain how you use that information to adjust your layout objects.

I tried searching the knowledge base for a more in-depth explanation of how to design for different screen sizes but I kept getting a warning message that something went wrong with my search.  I changed my keyword ten times, so I think the problem lies with my internet connection (we've been having issues lately).  If anyone could send me a link to an article that could help me I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Outcomes