5 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2009 8:19 AM by philmodjunk

desktop short cuts

amcajudge

Title

desktop short cuts

I upgraded to pro 10, before with 7 I created a desktop short cut to a database. now with 10 I cannot seem to create a desktop short cut, it starts to load the program instead. what has changed??

amcajudge

• 1. Re: desktop short cuts
          davidhead

You may need to provide more information  to get an answer:

1. What platform? Mac or Windows? What version?

2. How did you previously create a shortcut?

3. How is the database hosted? FileMaker Server? 

• 2. Re: desktop short cuts
            amcajudge

Sorry, guess I forgot some information.

it is running Windows, XP Pro, I would just right click and chose "send to" and select "desktop create short cut"

that does not seem to work now.

• 3. Re: desktop short cuts
              KIDO
                 If that doesn't wok try Windows START - ALL PROGRAMS select your program and drag it to your desktop.
              • 4. Re: desktop short cuts
                amcajudge

it is Windows XP pro SP3

I would go to open file, right click on the database, select "send to" then select "desktop create shortcut"

I could do it this way with Version 7, but now with Version 10 it tries to install program. I use this as a quick way to get right to the database I want, instead of opening the program and then opening the database.  

it is not on a server, just a PC program.

• 5. Re: desktop short cuts
                  philmodjunk

I use Windows XP SP3. WHen I open a directory and find a Filemaker Pro 10 file, I can right click it and choose send to desktop (create shortcut) and it does exactly that. It creates a shortcut on the desktop like you would expect.

Since this is not happening for you, there must be some difference between your set up and mine.