8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 6:58 AM by TheProfiler

Developer 5 CD Damaged

TheProfiler

Title

Developer 5 CD Damaged

I just purchased a new lap top and in attempt to load the developer 5, I found it damaged with a unknown scratch.

Is there anyway to have this repaired or is there anywhere that sells pre-owned versions of developer 5 that do not conflict with FM rules?   

Thanks in advanced.

J

• 1. Re: Developer 5 CD Damaged
          TSGal

The Profiler:

Thank you for your post.

I have been searching here for a CD, but I am unable to find one.  We will continue to look, and if I find one, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Developer 5 CD Damaged
            TheProfiler

Thank you for your response.    That would be wonderful.     

Looking forward to your success in locating one. 

Jason

• 3. Re: Developer 5 CD Damaged
              TSGal

The Profiler:

Not good news...  I have exhausted all possibilities, and there is no FileMaker Developer 5 CD here.  If one miraculously appears, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Developer 5 CD Damaged
                TheProfiler

Thank you for making the attempt.     Are they still for sale at the Filemaker Store?   I need to do something to get my new lap top up and running ......

Appreciate your help.....

Jason

• 5. Re: Developer 5 CD Damaged
                  TheProfiler

TSGAL or anyone who may offer some help here, I would appreciate it. 

Yesterday I mentioned that I had a scratch on my Developer 5.0 CD and could not load up to my new lap top. 

Is there anyway that I can transfer my FM Developer 5.0 over from my old lap top to a ( JUMP DRIVE )  then transfer over the entire program to the new machine and it still works? 

I have a time assignment here that needs to be completed.....    Old lap top is nearly dead.....

Thanks in advance.

Jason 

• 6. Re: Developer 5 CD Damaged
                       Up until version 6 one could copy the folder with the Filemaker application from one machine to another. Double-click the icon and fmpro would run flawless. This works on windows as well as on MacOS9 as on MacOSX.
                    • 7. Re: Developer 5 CD Damaged
                      Sendnot

Have you tried using car wax on the cd? I've never had a need to try it, but if the stories I've heard are true, the wax fills in the scratch, allowing the laser to read the underlying surface. If it works, you could then make a copy.

Here's what you do:

1. Gently apply the wax with a soft cloth, starting at the inner hole, and working out to the edge.

2. With another soft cloth, buff the wax, again working from the inside to the outer edge.

Buffing in a circular pattern can result in creating "swirls" in the plastic, making the CD completely unreadable. That's why you need to work from the inner to the outer edge- 

• 8. Re: Developer 5 CD Damaged
                        TheProfiler

I must say that I am very impressed with the help and suggestions from three members of this forum who came to my rescue on the damaged CD....

YOU HAVE SAVED MY HIDE FOR SURE.....

THANK YOU...

Jason