1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2013 10:59 PM by schamblee

Developer or do it myself?

JoannaLloyd

Title

Developer or do it myself?

Hi everyone,

I purchase filemaker a few months ago as I wanted a system that would enable me to keep details of my clients details and their appointments, rather than using paper files as I have done.

I have a very basic functioning system, which is ok, but there are improvements I would love to make and am not sure I have the understanding of filemaker or the time to be able to do these.

I have been looking to see if I might be able to hire someone to do this for me, but everyone I looked at seems to be working on large businesses or I feel it is going to cost heaps of money.  I'm just a small little business that doesn't make much money but enjoys being able to support women through their pregnancy, birth and beyond and would like a system that assists me with client information and looks professional.

Has anyone got a small business and has had assistance developing filemaker for them? or do you find after going though the training series it's enough to be able to develop a system to meet your needs?

I would love to hear others opinions.

Thanks Jo