AnsweredAssumed Answered

Developer or do it myself?

Question asked by JoannaLloyd on Oct 29, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2013 by schamblee

Title

Developer or do it myself?

Hi everyone,

I purchase filemaker a few months ago as I wanted a system that would enable me to keep details of my clients details and their appointments, rather than using paper files as I have done.

I have a very basic functioning system, which is ok, but there are improvements I would love to make and am not sure I have the understanding of filemaker or the time to be able to do these.

I have been looking to see if I might be able to hire someone to do this for me, but everyone I looked at seems to be working on large businesses or I feel it is going to cost heaps of money.  I'm just a small little business that doesn't make much money but enjoys being able to support women through their pregnancy, birth and beyond and would like a system that assists me with client information and looks professional.

Has anyone got a small business and has had assistance developing filemaker for them? or do you find after going though the training series it's enough to be able to develop a system to meet your needs?

I would love to hear others opinions.

Thanks Jo

Outcomes