1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2013 11:11 AM by davidanders

Developing a Filemaker Go/Filemaker Server application for Patient Flow in an ASC

dsimonson

Title

Developing a Filemaker Go/Filemaker Server application for Patient Flow in an ASC

I am the manager of an ophthalmic Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) and an amateur FileMaker developer (just develop stuff for my own use).  I just upgraded to Filemaker Pro Advanced 13.

I am working on a solution that incorporates iPads, iPhones, and computers to track patient flow through our facility.  Here are my questions:

1.  I am going to end up with about 12 - 15 iPads  - some in the operating rooms, some in other patient care areas.  In addition, the surgeons and some of our staff will be accessing the solution via their iPhones.  What things should I be thinking of in terms of Mobile Device Management?  I see that Apple has something with the OS X server.  

2.  This is going to be a single file shared from a central computer/server.  How many iPads can access it, and do I have to pay more for each one?  I see the FileMaker server license talks about so many "connections" - what defines a connection?  Is a connection defined on the server side as number of different files hosted, or as simply number of devices hooked up with one (or many) files?

3.  Anybody know anything about how to manage the iTunes side of things?  My staff and surgeons want to be able to listen to music streaming from iTunes radio - how do I work that out?  How many iPads can be accessing one iTunes account?

Thanks so much for any help.  

--

Dan Simonson, CRNA, MHPA
           2607 S. Manito Blvd.
           Spokane, WA 99203

<dsimonson@mac.com>
           H. (509) 747-0819
           W. (509) 623-9766
           C. (509) 981-6274