3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2012 9:36 AM by philmodjunk

Development and Getting Ready For End User

alanfair

Title

Development and Getting Ready For End User

I am still reasonably new to Filemaker and learning all the time.  Main development so far is on PC for ipad. Emailing the solution to the ipad.

During the development of the application I need to get at layouts, scripts and toolbars.  When I ship the solution to the end user, i have to currently

Mark all the scripts so they are not displayed in the menu, so the user cannot run them directly

Mark all the layouts so they are not displayed in the menu, so the users cannot short circuit the program logic

Hide and lock the Toobar.

When i need to do more work on the application, I of course need to reverse all of these. 

What is the best approch to dealing with this, do i need a script that sets all these, - some points on make layouts appear in menus would be good. Or do i need some sort of toggle to check for development mode or something

There is no user logon on the application.

I could I guess save a copy of the application prior to making the changes for the end user, thus saving the need to reverse them, but would be keen to hear how people approach this.