2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2012 10:00 AM by willrollo

Dialogue box when field empty

Title

Dialogue box when field empty

Very simple answer I think - but how do I create a dialogue box to appear if a couple fields have been left empty? Eg. if the email field and telephone field have not been filled out on commit, I want a dialogue to appear asking "are you sure you dont want to enter an email address or a telephone number". But I only want this to appear the first time the recored is comitted/viewed other wise it wil also come u everytime the user views and leaves the record. I want the dialogue box to relate to the missing fields to as there are more than two that I want to notify about..

Thanks

• 1. Re: Dialogue box when field empty
          philmodjunk

In Manage | Database | Fields, you can find and double click each of these fields to bring up field options. In this dialog, you can click the validation tab and then select "Not Empty". You can also specify a custom validation message that will appear when the user leaves the field empty and can choose whether or not the user can override the validation error.

Simply viewing the record does not trigger these validations unless the user actually edits the record values so this would appear to do what you need here.

• 2. Re: Dialogue box when field empty

Perfect - thanks. Thought it was something right in front of my nose!