AnsweredAssumed Answered

Difference between field values in different records

Question asked by kyleschutter on Sep 21, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Difference between field values in different records

Hi All,

I am new to filemaker so bear with me. I have gone through all of the functions and many webpages and haven't come up with a solution.

I have a table of meter readings with credit remaining on the meter and I need to subtract the previous meter reading from the current meter reading to know how much credit was used in a period. I have a table of 22,000 meter readings and need to know how much credit was used since the previous readings.

It seems like there must be some kind of self reference solution for this.

Additionally, I will need to exclude answers where the difference is negative or more than 2, but I can figure that out with an If statement.

Thanks for your help.

Example:

Meter ID                     Time stamp                     Balance                     Credit used
                    M0001                     time1                     5                     some calculation goes here
                    M0002                     time2                     3.5                      
                    M0001                     time3                     6                      

Screen_Shot_2013-09-21_at_5.43.27_PM.png

Outcomes