Different Calc Results on 2 Workstations
I'll try to explain the basics of my symptoms in as few words as possible.
Workstation 'A' = FMP 8.0v1
Workstation 'B'= FMP 8.0v3
My FMP solution calculates a shipping cost based on several references accounting for total weight (quantity), shipping zone & product type. All of my key fields are unique values within their repspective tables. For simplicity I'll use sample numbers.
Workstation 'A' creates a new order and enters inital order information allowing it to create a shipping amount. Shipping shows (and prints to the printer) as $400.
I can watch the order on workstation 'B' as it's being created on 'A' and 'B' shows (and prints) shipping costs of $300.
If we exit FMP on 'A' and immediately reopen the order on 'A', the shipping costs then shows the $300 matching what was always shown on 'B'
If we change a quantity on the order on station 'A' and then change it back to the original quantiy the shipping changes to the $300 matching what was always shown on 'B'.
We can't get the order to show the $400 shipping again after it changes to the lower amount.
It always changes to a lower number (on the creating workstation) after the inital creation of the record, but the partner workstation always accurately reports the lower shipping cost.
I have rebuilt the file. I have saves the rebuild as a compressed copy. Exactly the same results.
We are able to duplicate these symtoms between both combination 'A' & 'B' and 'B' & 'A'. It isn't just one of the two workstations producting the inconsistent result, and the alternate workstation always shows the lower (assumed accurate) result.