AnsweredAssumed Answered

Different Job Types and Invoice Calculations

Question asked by JasonO'Berry on May 7, 2013
Latest reply on May 9, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Different Job Types and Invoice Calculations

Hi Everyone, 

I work for a fine art printing company and am trying to create a system that incorporates our affiliate sales and also our custom printing jobs in the same system. I am running into trouble trying to figure out the best way to handle invoicing calculations to accomodate for both of these different job types.

With our affiliates we have a set number of sizes with their corresponding costs. So in my affiliates table I have the sizes with their prices in the same table , so I can use related value lists and calculated value fields to pull in that information and then sum them in a subtotal field

But when we have a custom client come in, we evaluate the pricing based on the custom size of their prints. So i'll have a field for width and height and then the subtotal field should use those fields along with our price per sq. inch costs to come to a total. 

My question is should the subtotal and grand total fields be conditional calculations or should I have 2 different subtotal and grand total fields (1 for either a affiliate sale or a custom sale) that evaluate based on the layout or something along those lines. 

Any insight will be appreciated.Thank you in advance..

Outcomes