1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 8:21 AM by philmodjunk

Different logins in Application file vs Data file

MrMLK

Title

Different logins in Application file vs Data file

I have seperated my application into a program file and a data file. I want to have different logins for each of my users so I can track who is making changes to the data and how often they are using the program and also to restrict some users to read-only. Right now I am creating the same logins in both the program file and the data file and it is working as expected. I don't need to have that many different logins to the data file. All I really need is full (for me), read-only and read-write.

Is there any way to have a different login for the linked tables then for the main program?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Different logins in Application file vs Data file
          philmodjunk

You can set the data file to auto-enter an account and password as the default setting for that file.

You can also set up relogin scripts in the data file that relog the user in under a specific account name and password. Thus, a startup script in the inteface (application) file can check the privilege set name of the user and use perform script to relog in the data file with the appropriate account name and password for their prvilege set in the interface file.