1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 5:51 AM by Jade

Difficulty "Getting It"

carlz_1

Title

Difficulty "Getting It"

I'm having a hard time "getting it"

Using FM 10.

I have an applicant table joined to an application table, joined to an assets table, joined to several tables, investments, bank accounts and life insurance. (applicant table to application table ... kp_applicant - kfapplicant; Application to Assets ... kp_application - kf_application; Assets to Bank Accounts ... kp_assets - kf_assets

I start out by adding a new record of the basic information about the applicant.

I will always want to work on one record only within the applicant and application tables.  I start out with a listing of the applicants in List View and choose one of them.  Go to the next layout which is a menu that allows me to choos application data or assets data.  When I then choose either of those, I am no longer working with any particular applicant.  It simply goes to a new record and it is not connected with my applicant.

I am having difficulty "getting it" 

Thanks for your insight and patience and assistance.

• 1. Re: Difficulty "Getting It"
          Jade

From your description, it seems like you did not add a Portal field of the Application table to your Applicant layout.

Based on your relationships that you described, you should also add an Assets portal to the Application layout and the Bank Accounts and Insurance Portals to the Assets layout.

The Application Portal allows you select, view, edit, and optionally add one or more records from the Application table while remaining on the chosen Applicant layout.  Is that your goal?

P.S.: Did you create the table joins using the relationship graph of Manage>Database…Relationships tab?