4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2010 7:35 PM by VladimirImpervius

Difficulty displaying/printing database containing a field with multiple lines of text

VladimirImpervius

Title

Difficulty displaying/printing database containing a field with multiple lines of text

Hi, I just downloaded the trial and my intent is to import a .CSV file that contains a date/time stamp along with text messages that I have received on my phone. (I used MarkSpace Sync software to export texts)

There are over 6,000 text messages that I would like to have printed out, it's about a hundred pages worth :)

The issue that I am having is that while a single row will display date, time and type of message (sent/received), it is with the message itself that I am having problems with.

Most text messages of mine are exceeding the constraints of the row they are in. Some of them are a few paragraphs long and when I hit the print preview button, the message field of my database is cut off at the margins of the page.

The question I have is, how do I format this one field (message) so that it will appear as a large block that will print correctly? Is there some way of expanding this field vertically so that I will have date/time/type displayed on one row, with the fourth field being a block that will vertically display all of it's data? I hope I'm explaining this well enough.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.