11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2010 2:45 PM by carlosdetweiller

Difficulty printing a found set - novice question - FileMaker Pro 10

carlosdetweiller

Title

Difficulty printing a found set - novice question - FileMaker Pro 10

I'm new to FileMaker Pro 10 (and really all databases). Running Windows Vista.

I'm having trouble printing a found set and getting more than one record printed per page.

As background, I am using FileMaker Pro 10 to manage a book collection. I've got fields for different things like author, title, date of publication, edition and publisher, as well as fields for the book condition and description and cost and current value.

I'm trying to send a list of books to my insurance company that are valued above a certain dollar amount. I have created a layout that uses merged fields for author, title, condition, price, etc. that looks like a typical listing for a book for sale in a book catalog. I'd like to print a list of all the books in the found set (i.e. above a certain price).

My found set contains 24 such records but when I try to print it tries to print 24 pages with only one record on each page. The data should fit on two or three pages at most but I can't seem to get it to do that. 

I'm sure this is a pretty basic question but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.