5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2009 7:39 PM by sulu762

Difficulty with Finding Records

sulu762

Title

Difficulty with Finding Records

I apologize if this has already been addressed in previous posts.  I checked but had negative results (probably due to inaccurate key words).  Please direct me as necessary.

Situation: 

I have a medical table containing approximately 2000 records.  One person may have numerous entries for past medical check-ups.  I the "relationships" section of the "Manage Database" window, I have sorted the records by date in descending order.

Question:

If many people have many records, how can I find only those who haven't had an entry for more than one year?

Thanks for your time,

Sulu 

• 1. Re: Difficulty with Finding Records
          etripoli
             Do you have a table that contains one record for each patient?  If so, a calculation field that = Max ( check_up_table::check_up_date ) in the Patients Table would show you their last check-up date.  Then, do a field in that field for dates less than a year ago.
          • 2. Re: Difficulty with Finding Records
            sulu762

etripoli,

First, thank you for your response.

Each person had only one personnel record (Personnel_Table) that contains their pedigree information (name, DOB, address, etc.)

In the "Medical Table" each person has multiple record created each time they visit.

If I'm reading your solution correctly, do I create the calculation in field the Personnel_Table?

Also, I'm a little confused with your statement: "Then, do a field in that field for dates less than a year ago."

Sorry for all the questions, I'm very new to all of the terminology.

Thank you again,

Jeff 

• 3. Re: Difficulty with Finding Records
              etripoli
                 Yes, create the calculation field in the Personnel_Table, place it on a layout based on the Personnel_Table.  Then, Enter Find Mode, entering "<7/20/2008" in that calculation field.  It will find anyone that hasn't had a check-up in the last year.
              • 4. Re: Difficulty with Finding Records
                comment_1

sulu762 wrote:
                Question:

If many people have many records, how can I find only those who haven't had an entry for more than one year?

Find the ones that do have an entry in the last year, then show omitted.

• 5. Re: Difficulty with Finding Records
                  sulu762

etripoli,

Thank you for your help.  It works.  I now just have to incorporate it into a script, but that may be a different post.

Cheers,

Sulu