1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2012 11:39 AM by philmodjunk

Disable the lower toolbar and scrollbars???????

asarakby

Title

Disable the lower toolbar and scrollbars???????

I would like to be able to restrict access to the user for switching between browse, find, preview, and layout modes. Also, I would like to be able to keep all my layouts relative in regards of screen size. I am aware that different monitor resolutions can cause this to be a nightmare which is why I would like to try to eliminate vertical and horizontal scrollbars for my users.

Any help on this matter would be deeply appreciated!

Thank You,

Adib

• 1. Re: Disable the lower toolbar and scrollbars???????
          philmodjunk

If the window is sized and zoomed to be the same size or larger than the layout, the scroll bars will disappear. Otherwise, they will be present.

If you have FileMaker Advanced, you can set up a custom menu that does not include these mode changes and this will disable these features for the current layout. Scripts can selectively install such menus so that Full Access users still have access to the view options while others do not.

Settings in Manage Security can be used to keep users from entering layout mode.

Layout based Script Triggers that are tripped by mode changes can also short circuit mode changes that you do not want to permit.