2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2009 2:24 PM by yanivmeyer

Disabling Keystrokes

yanivmeyer

Title

Disabling Keystrokes

I am considering different methods for serving some data in a kiosk type environtment. One of my options is with Filemaker Pro and writing am EXE runtime from within Filemaker Pro Dev. edition. This all hinges on whether I can create the runtime to ignore some keystrokes.

I need the system to ignore the following keystrokes from the keyboard while running in the foreground.

1.) Windows key

2.) CTRL+ALT+DEL

3.) ALT+TAB

4.) Windows+M

and any other keystrokes that could be employed to show the task bar or expose the "Kiosk" environment I am aiming for.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Disabling Keystrokes
          TSGal

yanivmeyer:

Thank you for your post.

Windows OS reserves certain keystrokes for its operating system, including Ctrl-Alt-Del.  Since FileMaker Pro is dependent on the operating system, you would have to control the OS keystrokes somehow in the OS.

Does anybody know how to disable Ctrl-Alt-Del?  Or, any other Windows preset commands?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Disabling Keystrokes
            yanivmeyer

Thanks for the response.

I guess what I could try is "TweakUI" from microsoft to disable certain key strokes. I could combine that with a FM database that would run in full screen "Kiosk" mode to cover the desktop and windows taskbar. 

I will reveal my results when I Have had some time to test TweakUI out.

Thanks again