2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2009 10:08 AM by mrvodka

Disk is full

piper004

Title

Disk is full

I am using Filemaker Pro 6 on Windows XP.  I have 30 of 75 gig free on my local drive and have only used 20 gig of 1 Tb on my external drive.  I am attempting to link the files on the external drive to Filemaker Pro 6.  The Filemaker Pro 6 database file takes up 2 GB on my local hard drive.  I have successfully linked thousands of files through the following steps:

Under the field "records", right click on the empty box.  Click "Insert Object."  Click "Create from New."  Click "Link."  Click "Browse" and select source file from external drive.  Click "Ok."  

Now I am getting the following message:

The disk is full or the maximum size for this file has been reached.  Click Continue to search for more room within the file.  Click Exit to exit Filemaker.

Please tell me what I need to do to correct this problem.

• 1. Re: Disk is full
          philmodjunk

The Filemaker Pro 6 database file takes up 2 GB on my local hard drive.

I believe FMP 6 files have a maximum file size of 2GB. This would be consistant with the error message: "...the maximum size for this file has been reached."

You'll need to either keep your individual file sizes beneath this limit or upgrade to a newer version of filemaker that supports larger file sizes.

• 2. Re: Disk is full
            mrvodka

FM6 had a limit of 2GB per file.

Edit: Didnt see Phil's response.